Friends of Bend Airport

For the benefit of all Bend Airport users

FOBA Forum Tool

Home Forums Friends of Bend Airport Forum FOBA Forum Tool

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Kim MuinchKim Muinch
    Keymaster

This forum is for you to post comments about the Friends website “Forum” tool. If you’re reading this, you basically already know how to access the forum tool. As you use it, if you want to know how to do something, or if the tool can even do something, post it here. Or if you don’t particularly like something, post it. Someone might have a solution.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Ken FayalKen Fayal.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Kim MuinchKim Muinch.
      Kim MuinchKim Muinch
      Keymaster

Another question – I went to the place on the website to post my photo. It directed me to Gravatar. That’s new to me, and it wants me to sign-up for Gravatar. Should I?

Ken FayalKen Fayal
        Participant

The strip across the top of the textbox where you type in your text is a shortcut to modifying your text. You type the text you want to modify, then highlight the text and click one of the buttons above. So for example:

Here is B

Here is I

Here is link to google you can also attach this to an existing page on the forum.

This is B-QUOTE

This is DEL or strikeout

I am not going to do an IMG, but it lets you put an image in your post.

• UL is Unordered list
          • It lets you make a dotted list
          • Like This but each item must be highlighted with LI
          1. OL is ORDERED list
          2. It lets you make a numbered list
          3. Like This but each item must be highlighted with LI

CODE is a way to identify your text as a chunk of programming code, but you can also use it to make your text stand out.

CLOSE TAGS is a way to automatically close HTML tags that you may have created, but forgot to close. Each HTML tag must be opened and then closed like this

Ken FayalKen Fayal
          Participant

This site is based on WordPress and in order to put an Avatar on it, you need to register with Gravatar. What this will do for you is give you the ability to have your avatar on multiple WordPress sites from one location. You can see my avatar – I registered it on Gravatar.

Ken FayalKen Fayal
            Participant

This is a notice. You should get a message.

Kim MuinchKim Muinch
              Keymaster

I’m holding off on posting a photo. I went to set up a Gravatar account, and they say I first need to have a WordPress account, which is another step. I’ll raise the topic with Ken on the merits of having a shared “FOBA” WordPress account that we can all use for the purpose of establishing our own Gravatar accounts..

David DresslerDavid Dressler
                Participant

Test to see if a link to Gravatar is doable…. Not hyperlink capable

https://wordpress.org/support/article/how-to-use-gravatars/

Participant

Guess so. Nice format as well.

Participant

testing…

Kim MuinchKim Muinch
                      Keymaster

Friends of Bend Airport is ready to make the forums available for airport users to make posts, and raise new topics. If you’d like to get log-in credentials, drop us a line at contact@friendsofbendairport.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      Scroll to top